Volatile compounds, individually or as a profile, can indicate health status of humans and other organisms.
SIFT-MS speeds up analysis time in both breath research and microbial metabolic process profiling. Breath research data can be used for population screening and to monitor temporal changes in breath volatiles.
High-sensitivity, direct analysis of diverse breath biomarkers
SIFT-MS provides rapid, high-sensitivity analysis of VOCs and inorganic gases on breath with no sample preparation and no compound discrimination, making it ideal for breath research applications.
- Real-time analysis of individual breath exhalations
- Analytical results unaffected by sample humidity – no sample drying is required
- Very wide linear and dynamic range
- Flexibility – analyze directly or via sampling media, such as sampling bags
Applications of SIFT-MS-based breath analysis include:
- Disease marker screening
- Kidney medicine
- Non-invasive diabetes screening
- Respiratory medicine
- Intensive care medicine
- Monitoring anesthetics during surgery
Single breath SIFT-MS analysis for hydrogen cyanide (gray) and hydrogen sulfide (black).